City Arms hotel

The "City Arms" hotel, located in the northwest part of central Dublin on Prussia Street near the North Circular Road, is mentioned often in Ulysses—twice in connection with "a meeting of the cattletraders' association," and many more times because Leopold and Molly Bloom lived there for parts of 1893 and 1894, when Bloom had a job with Joseph Cuffe, a trader at the nearby cattle market.

JH 2012

The old City Arms hotel, presently the home of the Free University of Ireland. Source: Google Maps.